Technology Partner Manager at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
The Technology (Tech) Partner Manager within the Tech Partner Innovation (TPI) team will be the driving force behind TBI’s engagement with Local Tech Companies, and the impact their solutions can bring to governments.
The Tech Partner Manager will amplify TBI’s influence with government clients and support local entrepreneurship and innovation in line with the governments digital strategy. The role is responsible for developing local Tech Partnerships that are scalable, locally, regionally and internationally, and directly supports TBI’s mission for global change and impact.
The Tech Partner Manager will be responsible for developing sustainable business models for both the Tech Companies and the Governments, including exploring funding options, creating pricing structures, and identifying long-term revenue streams. The goal is to ensure that the partnerships are mutually beneficial and can be sustained over time, while also delivering measurable value and tangible and meaningful impact to governments and their citizens.
Success in this role will be measured by the impact the implemented solutions will have with governments clients, and the Tech Partner Manager’s measurable contributions to the successful implementation and adoption of the tech partner solutions.
The TPI team is part of the Global Innovation Unit.
Relocation assistance will be provided for the successful candidate if required.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Overall responsibility for the adoption of local tech solutions by governments
- Developing a framework for identifying and engaging with new local technology partners that are at early-stage or venture-funded, and a roadmap and pipeline of local tech partners that can provide a solution to a government problem or challenge
- Developing a systematic process and approach to developing partnerships with early start-ups and accelerators
- Developing the appropriate business models to ensure equitable exchange of value and sustainability between local tech companies and government
- Working with wider TBI teams to develop partner relationships and solutions that will lead to government impact and tech partner growth, and are repeatable and scalable
- Working with wider TBI teams to understand suitable use cases and value proposition to the governments
- Understanding and streamlining the procurement process to enable local tech solutions to be adopted by governments
- Developing a repeatable model to explore opportunities with governments
- Developing an approach to delivering PoTs/PoCs that would demonstrate suitability and fit for purpose, and ability to scale to deliver intended impact
- Leading the development and/or scaling of the tech solution, working closely with the local tech company and government counterparts adopting the solution
- Researching the market to understand digital trends and emerging tech solutions that can deliver impact to governments
- Setting Tech Partnership goals and analysing performance and results
Key internal relationships: Country Heads of Technology(Advisory teams), Strategic Advisors (GCS), Program Integrators (GCS)
This role would require broad experience working with Tech Ecosystems, and a technical background including knowledge of cloud computing and architectures. It requires an entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to build strong relationships. To apply for this post you should have these skills and experience:
- Experience working within tech ecosystems in the region, including startups and accelerators
- Experience working with governments e.g. MoICT, MoCD, MoFA and MoH, with an understanding of government procurement processes
- Experience with Enterprise level architecture, and working with of Government Digital Architectures and NDIs
- Good knowledge of cloud computing systems such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Familiarity with cloud-native container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code and automation technologies like Terraform and Ansible
- Awareness of Cloud Security best practices and compliance needs
- Understanding of microservices, event-driven architecture, and API design and management
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience and knowledge of Business Model Innovation
- Technical knowledge related to API, Integration and Interoperability
- Strong data analytics and market research skills
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to work closely and communicate with many department teams both internally and externally
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- This position will have a regional focus, but is expected to support global tech partner initiatives as it is a role within the Global Innovation Unit
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you’re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Feb, 2023
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts & News on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.