Programme Assistant (Operations) at Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
The post is located in the Regional Office for RAF is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to
programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The incumbent reports to the Senior Field Programme Officer.
The Programme Assistant plays a lead role in the coordination of programme/ projects support services for the department. He/ she performs a broad range of programme, planning and budgeting activities requiring in-depth analysis and interpretation of relevant policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural guidance to managers and staff in the department or location.
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Contribute in the preparation of project work plans, monitor progress and, where necessary, identify corrective measure to overcome operational constraints;
- Ensure Operational Clearance for national, sub-regional and regional projects
- Input data into required FAO systems, including GRMS and FPMIS; update and maintain databases and retrieve information to produce reports, graphs, charts, and statistics;
- Contribute to the processing of project management related tasks such as requests for finance, accounts, recruitment, fellowship training, meetings, training courses, and procurement.
- Process secondment reports and journal vouchers for salary reimbursements of FAO staff working for the project in accordance with project budgets and allowable rules and regulations;
- Initiate corrective measures aiming at improving project delivery;
- Prepare, revise and monitor project’s budget against expenditure and ensuring availability of a positive balance at all times;
- Provide the necessary inputs for the timely preparation and submission of project’s progress and project closure reports;
- Prepare analytical and financial reports on project performances, results based reports according to FAO and rules and regulations, as required;
- Monitor the delivery of Trust Fund and TCP projects across the region;
- Prepare delivery estimates analysis for relevant regional Trust Fund and TCP projects as required;
- Prepare and submit request for operational and financial closure of Regional Projects.
- Initiate, view and track a variety of administrative transactions in the computerized financial / travel / human resources systems;
- Ensure the completeness and quality of data and documentation in the relevant FAO corporate information systems for all assigned operational field projects/activities;
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Secondary School Education
- Five years of experience in administrative/ financial/ planning/ programming/ budgeting activities for both Regular Programme and Projects
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and a second language will be an asset.
- To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Thorough knowledge of corporate information systems
- Thorough knowledge of programme and budget processes and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of communication and documentation standards Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
- Knowledge of the Field Programme Management Information System (FPMIS);
- Project management skills;
- Excellent communications skill, both orally and in writing, on technical materials for audiences at different levels of technical expertise
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Feb, 2023
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts & News on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.