Procurement Consultant, USAID Quality Services for Health Activity
Position: Procurement Consultant, USAID Quality Services for Health Activity
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Guided by a strong vision of equitable and resilient systems that respond to people’s needs and emerging threats, URC helps countries and local actors to build, implement, and sustain science-driven, scalable solutions. Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical expertise to empower governments, communities, and service providers toward strengthening their own health and social systems and improve service quality. We aim to expand access to and improve the quality of services, addressing maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health; global health security and infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; nutrition and water, sanitation, and hygiene. In our interactions with each other and our clients, we stay true to our values for transformative change by focusing on:
- Creativity: by unleashing our creativity, we enhance engagement and interaction to improve problem-solving.
- Collaboration: not only our work towards the same vision and mission instill staff with a strong sense of purpose, but also enables us to complement each other’s skills and allocate work to maximize everyone’s strengths.
- Accountability: we hold ourselves responsible for accomplishing goals, completing assignments, and making decisions.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion: we embrace the importance of a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment, where our leadership and staff model behavior that enriches our organization, demonstrates respect for all people, and supports opportunities for all staff.
- Transparency: we understand that when employees deeply trust one another and their leaders, they will be more engaged in their roles because they will not be worried about unfair treatment.
URC implements the USAID Quality Services for Health (Q4H) Activity in Ghana. The Activity’s purpose is to strengthen the institutional capacity of the Government of Ghana (GoG) to promote and oversee improved quality health services in the public and private health sectors. This four-year activity supports the GoG and stakeholders, including both recipients (or civil society) and providers of services, to sustainably improve the quality of health service delivery to improve health outcomes in Ghana.
The Q4H Activity is searching for an experienced procurement consultant to provide surge support for the procurement of goods and services for upcoming program activities.
Specific tasks include:
- Supports procurement processes, including review of requests, drafting of requests for quotations (RFQ), oversee supplier selection, negotiations, and development of procurement contracts.
- Receives and controls purchase requests from technical teams, verifies the specifications, and registers the procurement process.
- Drafts RFQs and other solicitation documents before submission for review by the Operations and Procurement Manager, then the DFO, then the headquarters (HQ) Contract team.
- Contributes to the analyses, negotiations, and preparations of contractual agreements, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are included to protect the interests of the organization.
- Ensures URC and USAID procurement policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Liaises with vendors and staff to facilitate smooth implementation of procurement procedures.
- A weekly report on tasks completed, including completed and compliant procurement packages both in hard and soft copy.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum five years of experience in procurement management expereince.
- Prior experience working with USAID and other international donors and knowledge of USAID and US Government policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines. and intense pressure to perform.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English
This job is open to candidates legally authorized to work in Ghana.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unless otherwise directed we will retain your CV in our database for future opportunities.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts & News on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.