Lincoln Community School Recruitment 2022
Lincoln Community School Recruitment 2022
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Lincoln Community School Recruitment 2022.
Lincoln Community School is one of the leading American International Schools in Africa and currently serves a population of 760 students from over 66 different nationalities.
Job Title: IT Hardware Technician
Strategy & Planning
- Write technical specifications for the purchase of school technology equipment, networking hardware, and related products.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and school technology needs.
- Aid in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on equipment operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, and other products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end-user software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware problems for a variety of end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including on-site repair as needed.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all routers, switches, server boxes, cabling, and other networking equipment.
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Responsible for repairing all electronic equipment of the school E.g. Laptops, iPads, BenQ Interactive Boards, Projectors, UPS, TVs, VCRs, printers, etc.
- Maintaining, servicing, and repairing CCTV Cameras
- Projector installation, servicing, and repairs
- Assist with network cabling work and installation (data and voice)
- Support AV setup as necessary
- SupportVideo Coverage as necessary
- Imaging of computers and backing up user profile
- Mounting of Switching and Server Racks
- Supporting the maintenance and servicing of Servers and Server room equipment
- Organizing and maintaining storage area for computers and accessories repair items
Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of Computer Science
- Certifications CompTIA A+, Network+, Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT)
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar position.
- Excellent technical knowledge of networking, and hardware, including Apple hardware, Intel and AMD-based Computers, Printers, Projectors, and IP CCTV.
- Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with Apple Macintosh and Windows base equipment.
- Ability to install network hardware components, and cables and working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards, including TCP/IP.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to install, maintain and support the use of classroom equipment including projectors, Apple TVs, BenQ Interactive Board, Speakers, and document cameras.
- Ability to Install, configure, and repair IP CCTV systems and associated Access Control Systems
- Evaluate signal quality and performance with computers, networks, and software when the surveillance systems are in operation.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the school’s goals and objectives.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals, and printers.
The compensation package for the position is competitive; salaries will depend on relevant experience and qualifications.
That each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited to the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or LCS to only the work identified.
It is the expectation of the School that each employee will offer his /her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our organization.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send a C.V. and cover letter to:
- Louisa Mensah-Baah,
- Director of Human Resources
- Lincoln Community School
- PMB CT 354
- Cantonments, Accra, Ghana.
- Email for Teacher Vacancies: email@example.com
- Phone: +233 30 221 8100