Integrated Expert in Natural and Social Sciences at International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center is looking for a competent, self-motivated, and dynamic candidate to join as Integrated Expert in natural and social sciences.
- The Expert will support multidisciplinary teams in the design and implementation of integrated socioecological and techno-institutional research towards the transformation of land, water and food systems in defined landscapes in West and Central Africa.
Duties AND Responsibilities:
- Conduct situation/landscape analyses to identify status of ecosystem services and natural resources within defined landscapes.
- Conduct systematic literature reviews and meta-analysis and develop a conceptual and analytical framework to guide the implementation (both research and engagements) of assigned project.
- Map out relevant stakeholders and support the development and engagement of multistakeholder platforms at different levels.
- Synthesize the information collected, to map out /co-identify the knowledge gaps, constraints, windows of opportunities (including investments, scaling) and synergies across water, energy, land, ecosystem and food systems.
- Co-identify and co-develop profiles for innovation bundles; and prioritize the innovation bundles for specific landscape context; track the utilization processes; assess the scalability of proven innovation bundles and implement scaling (out and up) activities where required.
- Contribute to proposal development for new funding opportunities.
- Produce peer-reviewed publications, write reports, and other non-technical communication materials.
Qualification Required & Experience
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A PhD degree in Environmental sciences, Geography, Development Studies, or a related discipline
- Proven experience in systematic literature review approaches and meta-analysis.
- Experience in the design and implementation of research involving gender and inclusion
- Demonstrated experience in research project design and implementation with international teams in developing countries
- Track record of scientific publications in high impact journals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to deploy systems thinking in research design and implementation,.
- Knowledge of mixed methods research design, data collection (qualitative and quantitative), analysis (with the use of appropriate software) and technical reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading community engagement processes and analysis of change processes.
- Knowledge of results-oriented project management approaches, logical framework approaches, as well as planning and implementation of M&E systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Personal attributes include high standards of conduct, respect, flexibility, and sound work ethic.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication in English.
- Familiarization with the Ghanaian context and proficiency in the local language
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of three years with the possibility of extension.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
Closing Date: 17 August, 2022
Search more jobs click here
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts & News on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.