Head of Division Customs Capacity Building and training (AfCFTA) at African Union
- Respect for Diversity and Team Work
- Think Africa Above all
- Transparency and Accountability
- Integrity and Impartiality
- Efficiency and Professionalism
- Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Director Customs Administration
Directorate/Department : Customs Administration Directorate (AfCFTA)
Number of Direct Reports: 4
Number of Indirect Reports: 2
Number of Positions: 1
Job Grade: P5
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Accra, Ghana
Purpose of Job
Responsible for the development of Customs Services through the implementation of AfCFTA Conventions, guidelines and tools.
- Collaborate with States Parties on strategies and priorities in the areas of capacity building, training and technical assistance
- Work with stakeholders to ensure Customs effectiveness through capacity building tools, instruments and initiatives
- Oversee and regularly review Customs capacity building activities, including the dissemination of Customs best practices
- Develop a public-private partnership to build the capacity of Customs in States Parties
- Is Responsible for all capacity building activities assigned by Customs Director.
- Develop and maintain guidance, tools and Customs AfCFTA programmes.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned and/or required by the Director
- Leads and advises on policy and programme development for capacity building
- Develops and maintains a close working relationship with the other Directorates of the AfCFTA to efficiently share resources, manage workload and co-ordinate the cross-cutting
work and activities.
- Provides strategic development advice to Members and represents the Secretariat/Capacity Building division at appropriate meetings.
Academic Requirements And Relevant Experience
Master’s degree in international business, development economics, international relations, international trade, international law, political science or relevant disciplines with Twelve (12) years of relevant experience at increasingly senior levels in the field of corporate communications. Seven (7) of these years should be at the senior management level and five (5) should involve a supervisory role.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally
- Ability to develop and delegate clear programme goals, plans and actions, that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
- High degree of independence, maturity and initiative
- Ability to handle challenging questions and difficult stakeholders
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Be flexible, adaptable and open to change
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
Foster Accountability Culture
Communicating with impact
Job Knowledge and information sharing
Drive for Results
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 27,290.88.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be made not later than March 8, 2023
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Feb, 2023
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts & News on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.