Driver at Food and Agriculture Organization
Driver at Food and Agriculture Organization
The Regional Office for Africa (RAF) is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with offices and divisions at headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic
response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The position is located at RAF, Accra, Ghana.
The Driver is responsible for driving staff of the Regional Office for Africa, other FAO offices and programmes in the Country. He/she ensures the safety, technical soundness and comfort of the vehicle(s) assigned.
The incumbent works under the general supervision of the Assistant Director-General/Regional Representative for Africa and the direct supervision of the Senior Administrative Officer, RAF.
In his/her function as Driver for the Regional Office for Africa, the incumbent is in regular contact with staff from all levels of the country office, with national and international visitors, with (high ranking) officials from the Government and other (UN) Agencies, with project managers, consultants and other personnel from within and outside the Organization. He/she is often the first point of contact for people from outside the country office. He/she interacts on a day-to-day basis with personnel and officials from local offices and service providers.
- Drive the Regional Office staff and their official visitors on official trips, and drive for the Assistant Director-General/ Regional Representative and his/her visitors on occasions, as necessary.
- Meet staff and official visitors at the airport; facilitate immigration, customs formalities, hotel check-in and other local formalities.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, transportation/vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
- Ensure day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s); checks oil, water, battery, tires, etc.; perform minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle(s) in clean conditions.
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in this case all organizational and local/country rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches and other communications/items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc. to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of the immediate work unit’s programme.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary school education. Possession of valid driver’s license.
Experience: Two years of work experience as a driver. Flawless, safe driving record.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
- Results Focus
- Team Work
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations; skills in minor vehicle repair.
- A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required.
- Safe driving manner. Good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions.
- Ability to cope with extended working hours.
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Must be able to use discretion and have a high level of trustworthiness.
- Familiarity with FAO and/or UN system vehicle operation and safety policies, procedures and guidelines.
Call For Expressions Of Interest – Vacancy Announcement
12/Sep/2022, 4:59:00 PM
Type of Requisition
Fixed-term: 1 year with possibility of extension
Staff in the General Service category are recruited locally from the Primary Location area, which is where the office is located.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- FAO staff are subject to the authority of the Director-General, who may assign them to any of the activities or offices of the Organization.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) contributes to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda through the FAO Strategic Framework by supporting the transformation to MORE efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems, for better production, better nutrition, a better environment, and a better life, leaving no one behind.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th September, 2022
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts & News on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.