Director, Partnerships Hub at Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
The Tony Blair Institute for Global Change (TBI) is a not-for-profit organisation which supports governments on strategy, policy and delivery through its advisory practice and policy work. As the Institute grows, partnerships are a strategic path to deliver greater impact at greater scale by bringing expertise, resources and technologies that will accelerate economic and social development and secure lasting change for countries.
The Director, Partnerships Hub, is a senior leadership role at TBI which will build the backbone for us to achieve our ambition: the culture, the team and the enabling of systems. The role holder will be a dot connector across TBI who can ensure that our whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
The Director will build and manage a global team with representation in TBI’s geographic hubs and with the skills and experience to guide our teams as they establish strategic partnerships. The Director and their team will support TBI’s business units to manage and delivery partnerships effectively, in line with the strategic priorities and partnerships that are identified by TBI teams. These partnerships will enable our teams to go farther faster and be the ‘go to’ organisation for progressive leaders and governments for whom we deliver: Policy, Strategy Delivery, with Tech as a horizontal.
The Partnerships Hub, led by the Director, will support teams with prioritisation, quality assurance, ensuring dual value for partners and our clients, and expanded impact. Teams themselves will be responsible for identification and strategy behind these partnerships. Success will be measured by expansion of strategic partnerships engaged by TBI’s divisions and their contribution to TBI’s expanded impact and value to political leaders and governments.
The Director will work in a highly matrixed organisation and the ability to collaborate and deliver with colleagues across structures will be crucial. This role requires a leader who is highly collaborative and motivated by the success of the organisation’s mission.
This role reports to the Executive Director, Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives and sits within the Strategy & Partnerships (S&P) Department of TBI. S&P is one of 3 external facing business critical departments – the other two are Policy & Politics and Global Government Advisory. The S&P department leads and oversee the Institute’s strategic direction and growth, with specific responsibility for futureproofing growth, developing scalable partnerships, innovating in tech and securing financial resources to measurably advance the Institute’s operational goals and drive sustainable impact.
Relocation assistance will be provided for the successful candidate if required.
Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives, the Director of Partnerships Hub will set the strategy, design and execute the systems, and manage a team for a functioning internal Partnerships Hub in TBI. Specific responsibilities, many to be executed through the Hub, include:
- Lead and manage the Partnerships Hub – a diverse and globally distributed team of at least six high performing individuals
- Develop internal systems for TBI teams to set their partnership strategies, build pipelines, develop and execute highly impactful partnerships
- Develop a simple and effective system of tracking the evolution of our partnership portfolio and its impact across the whole of TBI
- Working closely with the Executive Director, build out the concept of TBI as a platform for impact via partnerships, ensuring that our whole is greater than the sum of its parts and unlocking value from the platform for our partners and our government clients
- Work closely with other teams across TBI to understand the needs, opportunity impact, and delivery models. This will include some travel and interaction with our global team
- Working with TBI’s CRM and related tools, develop and maintain a clear, organised means for tracking partnership pipeline and engagement
- Manage digital platforms and tools to track partnerships across the organisation, ensuring it provides value for teams to access information and learning, as well as for reporting and evaluation
- Develop partnership marketing tools and collateral to support teams
- Develop guides and tools for TBI teams to execute and scale their partnerships
- Support teams to evolve and scale strategic partnerships
- Host internal specialised expertise on coalition-building, alliances, and campaigning
- Work closely with TBI teams and partners to troubleshoot implementation challenges when they arise and lead teams toward solutions to deliver greater impact
- Advise Executive Director on overall health and strategic nature of TBI’s partnership portfolio; provide recommendations related to diversity, reach, and impact
- Set and deliver annual OKRs for division
- Represent TBI at external events
- Serve as a strong leader for TBI’s culture and values
- Thoughtfully manage your team and grow talent
Key internal relationships: S&P department leaders; Exec Director, Global Client Solutions and subject-matter Directors; Regional Directors and Country Directors, Global Advisory; Executive Directors and Directors Policy & Politics; key country teams; Legal department.
This is a senior leadership role requiring an exceptional candidate who is looking to expand their experience across a growing portfolio:
- Extensive experience as a lead for partnerships and/or high-level relationship management and working with contracts
- Bachelor’s or postgraduate degree or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated leadership of teams, preferably across multiple geographies
- Demonstrated experience building and leading internal systems in a streamlined and effective way
- Strategic thinker who can challenge the status-quo and develop plans for successful delivery of challenging objectives
- The ability to operate in rapidly changing and growth business environment
- Proven ability to oversee numerous projects and initiatives, delegating and performance managing the details
- A track record of cultivating and maintaining partnerships and alliances across diverse organisations
- A natural networker and convener who can manage a multitude of relationships navigating a matrixed internal organisation
- Experience in the mechanics of partnerships, related financial models and can ensure the partnerships cultivated function operationally across the portfolio
- Proven leadership capacity — able to set strategic direction, inspire teams to collaboratively achieve exceptional objectives, and not afraid to be hands-on to achieve results
- Impact focused, you will have a background of delivering operationally with a positive impact
- Demonstrated ability in problem analysis and problem resolution at both strategic and functional level
- Proven experience of providing creative and innovative approaches in developing new initiatives/systems that contribute towards set goals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A proven self-starter and is entrepreneurial in spirit
- Open to travel and curious to learn from colleagues across our global team (10% – 20%)
- Keenly interested in the work of TBI and share in our mission and values
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\’re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Feb, 2023
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts & News on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.