Chief Executive at Mental Health Authority (MHA)
Chief Executive at Mental Health Authority (MHA)
The Mental Health Authority (MHA) is an Agency of the Ministry of Health established under the Mental Health Act, 2012 (Act 846) mandated to promote mental health, prevent mental illness and provide quality mental health services in Ghana.
The Mental Health Board, the governing body of the MHA, is inviting applications from prospective and highly motivated mental health professionals to fill a soon-to-be-created vacancy in the position of Chief Executive.
General eligibility criteria
Applicants are required to note that:
- The position is a full-time job based in Accra, Ghana
• The position is a top-level appointment with a fixed term office
• Successful applicant should be able to serve the full term of engagement before he/she celebrates the 60th birthday
• Subsequent tenure(s) will be through the process approved by the Board in collaboration with Public Services Commission.
- Provide executive leadership and leading-edge strategic direction to enable the Mental Health Authority to deliver innovative services and effective mental health care to the population.
Overview of role:
- The Chief Executive is responsible for planning, organisation, administration, co ordination, monitoring and evaluation of mental health services in the country. This unique role calls for a transformational leader who will shape the fledgling but dynamic organisation, capable of delivering real strategic value to the mental health service frontline.
• The role will require teamwork and effective partnership working with the Ministry of Health, external organisations, other agencies and donors The role demands exceptional change management expertise in line with the ambition for the Mental Health Authority to become an organisation of excellence.
- Lead and manage the Mental Health Authority
• Implement mental health improvement policy strategies and plans
• Lead national modernisation of services to achieve the MHA plan, targets and services that are accessible to the population
• Provide clear, credible and dynamic leadership for the strategic development and operational management of the corporate affairs, communication and partnership portfolio,
• Develop a long-term, sustainable, strategic vision and plan for the Mental Health Authority and ensure future organisational capacity to deliver it.
- The Chief Executive is responsible for planning, organisation, administration, co-ordination, monitoring and evaluation of mental health services in the country
• The Chief Executive shall provide the Minister through the Board with technical advice on mental health that may be required.
• Take corporate responsibility for the functions of the Mental Health Authority
• Lead in the development and implementation of Mental Health Policies.
• Develop strategies and frameworks to support the Mental Health Authority in the effective co-ordination of mental health service redesign, unlocking workforce potential and the harnessing of new technologies
• Develop a coherent strategic framework and annual delivery plan to ensure the continued improvement of mental health services and most effective use of resources;
• Establish organisational strategies to ensure the successful creation of effective leadership team
• Deliver results, as agreed with the MHA Governing Board and the Minister for Health through priority setting mechanisms:
• Represent the Mental Health Authority nationally and internationally in the promotion of innovation for improvement in mental health care.
• Work closely with partners to develop capability and capacity in improvement skills in the Mental Health Authority
• Lead the development of a coherent and proactive communication strategy for the Authority.
• Promote a culture of collaboration between the Authority and other partners and stakeholders,
• Project a strong and positive corporate image, demonstrating integrity and a strong commitment to service provision, both within the organisation and externally.
• Ensure the monitoring of performance against service agreements within the Authority and other providers;
• Ensure the preparation of performance management reports as required, including annual reports and annual accounts
• Ensure a strong and effective framework of corporate governance, including risk, clinical governance, controls assurance, health and safety, etc;
Qualification Required & Experience
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of FIVE (5) years working experience in management at senior level.
• A minimum of Ten (10) years practice as mental health personnel/practitioner
• A high level of intellectual rigour and credibility at a national and/or international level:
• A track record as an agent for change Substantial management experience at Chief Executive or senior management level;
• Evidence of continuous improvement approaches to organisational and system dilemmas;
• An understanding of work in health/social care organisations will be an advantage
• Experience in creating and influencing political and multi-organisational level strategies;
• Knowledge and experience in one of the following: national and international improvement thinking, methodologies and innovation strategies; innovation of products or technology, learning: organisational and leadership development Evidence of working in a complex stakeholder environment.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons are to submit application letters together with:
- Detailed CV
• Names of three (3) referees (who will be confidential report on applicant)
• A maximum of two page vision statement
Applications should reach the address or email below:
The Selection Committee Chair
Mental Health Board
PO Box MB 197
Ministries Post Office
Closing Date: 28 September, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts & News on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.