Administrative Specialist at GIZ Ghana
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
• Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development to support the local production of vaccines in Ghana by supporting at setting up a fill and finish facility for vaccines in Ghana, and at developing and implementing a long-term Ghanaian strategy for vaccine production and research and development.
Scope of Role:
• The administrative specialist is primarily responsible for providing administrative and technical support for the project and working in
close collaboration with the project leads towards the achievement of project goals. Forty per cent of the work time will entail technical
• Organizes conferences, workshops, trainings for the project including provision of logistics, preparation of the agenda, documents, and
presentations, as well as writing of minutes and reports.
• Make travel arrangements (hotels, flights, etc.), including reimbursement documents for travels.
• Coordinates purchase of equipment supplies and materials.
• Prepares the documentation for contracts, services and/or purchases.
• Participates in the planning, execution and documentation of meetings and workshops other events held within the framework of the
• Supports in technical processes of the project in close coordination with technical advisors on the team, like drafting of Terms of
Reference, project development and partner coordination.
• Preparation of communication material, press releases and articles in coordination with the communication expert in the team.
• Complies with the regulations regarding accounting, contracts, and purchases according to internal processes and rules (P&R)
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in BA/BSc Administration, Social Science or similar area. MA/MSc degree in Administration, International Affairs/Relations or similar area is an advantage
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience.
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS
• Strong organizational and writing skills.
• Experience in office management and administrative tasks
• Good interpersonal, management and communication skills
• Strong command of English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset.
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
• Rendering result orientated performance
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
email@example.com under the Job Code 2023/SVMG/01/27. If you do not hear from us Two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 09 February, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are
encouraged to apply.
Also, For More Updates, Click Here
To get daily Job & News Alerts & News on WhatsApp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.